Friday, December 19, 2008

New facts surface in Stephenville UFO incidents

By Steve Hammons

A detailed description of a huge craft that hovered over Stephenville, Texas, in January 2008 has been provided by a law enforcement officer and is reported on the Web site

The officer also stated that the craft was observed clearly by two fellow officers.

High-quality computer-generated graphics of the craft consistent with officers' observations are also posted on the site.

An interview of the officer by Emmy Award-winning TV producer, investigative reporter and author Linda Moulton Howe is also posted on

In addition, the officer and Howe provide updated information on a Nov. 18 incident in Stephenville.


According to Howe's interview with the officer identified as "Greg," he and other local officers observed the craft near the Erath County courthouse in downtown Stephenville early in the evening on Jan. 8, 2008.

"Greg" is apparently the same officer referenced by journalist Angelia Joiner who identified him in previous reporting as "Officer X" because he captured the craft's speed with his radar gun.

Greg observed the craft from several streets away. Another officer was driving directly underneath it and a third officer observed it from above, from his home on a nearby ridge.

The object is described by the officer as being 600 feet in diameter in a generally rectangular shape. Two bright white lights were observed on each of the four edges. Smaller red lights were on the corners.

Towers were observed on the top and bottom and were estimated to be 30 feet to 40 feet tall. The towers also had intermittently strobing lights.

The object appeared a gray-green color with a surface texture that seemed to appear like "canvas."

The officer also told Howe that the object seemed to have a cloaking device and could become nearly invisible at times.

As the officer neared the hovering craft, it turned on its side 90 degrees in what appeared to be a vertical position and started moving away from him.

The officer told Howe, "Then the craft starts pulling away. I reach up and grab my radar, swivel it up into the sky, turned it on and I got a hit. It showed 27 mph and accelerating. It got to about 33 mph and I lost my lock, which meant it was moving so far away I can't get a good lock on it anymore. At this point, it accelerated very fast."


Again, on Nov. 18, 2008, over the downtown area of Stephenville, an unidentified object or craft was observed by citizens.

Greg told Howe that between 7 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., Stephenville police received approximately five phone calls about the UFO.

“I was called by an hysterical couple that the craft was following. It tracked along beside them at 70 mph and then pulled in front of their pickup nose down into the road way, just 75 feet off the ground. The female said the bottom of the craft looked silver metallic,” the officer told Howe.

“They were so awe-struck and thought it was going to land and they stopped right in the road way and just looked at it. The couple said as it nosed down, it flipped around to the other side of the road.”

“The craft then put a spotlight of some kind, a bright light, on the vehicle traveling in front of the couple, which was a couple hundred yards away. That vehicle did not stop. That car continued down the road. So, the couple did not know if that car knew it was being illuminated or whoever was driving just wanted to get out of there!”

The couple told the officer that another motorist, who identified himself as a pilot, pulled into a convenience store where they had stopped and asked them if they had seen an unusual object, to which they responded in the affirmative.

The couple continued to spot the UFO flying back and forth over a nearby area.

This object seemed to be different from the one described in the January case.

According to the officer, “The couple said it looked something like a blimp. They compared their Nov. 18 sighting to a Tylenol caplet with the top and bottom shaved off a little.”

Greg told Howe that some local peace officers have speculated about the UFOs.

“We’ve all wondered why it’s occurring around here. A lot of the officers think it’s some kind of military craft,” he said.

“The officer who was in his back yard at home at the time on Jan. 8, 2008, he is retired U.S. Air Force and he was adamant it is not USAF.”